See the article posted by the State of Oregon for interesting information related to Wildlife Biologists in Oregon. Good information for early professionals and those considering the wildlife profession.
As part of our new membership and event online service, we can now offer you a message forum! This is a members-only benefit. Many of us are spread far across the state, and with restricted budgets getting around to visit each other is more challenging. The member forum is a place to ask questions of fellow wildlife professionals and students; exchange information on gear, wildlife techniques, and species; share events of interest; and even to coordinate carpooling to those events!
Have you read a research article that would be helpful for other Oregon wildlifers to read? Post it!
Need someone to review your management plan? Ask!
There are also forums for our assorted committees to use; these are only visible to committee members.
Benefit of a forum over email:
- Creates a searchable database of topics of interest to ORTWS members
- Allows members to virtually “meet” each other and connect even if work has not brought them together
- Conversations are open to multiple members rather than a set email list, allowing for more information exchange
- Easier for students to learn directly from professionals
- Provides wildlife students across the state a central place to discuss student concerns
To access the forum, simply log in to your member portal and click “Forums” on the main menu. You can also “subscribe” to a forum so that you receive a daily, weekly, or immediate email notifications alerting you to new posts and replies.