Congratulations to Trappist Abbey, the 2018 recipient of our civic award recognizing private landowners for implementing positive wildlife conservation programs or actions on their land in conjunction with their commercial operation.
Sustainably manage fish and wildlife habitats in conjunction with their industries:
- Replanted historically logged forests.
- Selectively harvest timber through Forest Stewardship Plan.
- Improved in-stream aquatic habitats.
- Restored oak savannah and woodland habitats.
- Property on perpetual conservation easement under Willamette Wildlife Mitigation Program.
Monastic Industries include:
- Book binding
Do you know a wildlifer that deserves special recognition? Give it at ORTWS Annual meeting! Each year at our annual meeting, ORTWS presents two awards to recognize professional achievement and two awards to recognize civic achievement. These awards are:
- David B. Marshall Award
- Outstanding Service Award
- Private Landowner Stewardship Award
- Conservation Award
The deadline for nominations is December 18, 2015. See detailed description of awards and nomination forms can be found at https://ortws.wordpress.com/