Congratulations to ONDA, our 2018 recipient for this civic award for ongoing, positive wildlife conservation or advocacy efforts.
- Removed over 125 tons of barbed wire fence.
- Helped secure permanent protection for the Steens.
- Helped protect the Wild and Scenic Owyhee River corridor.
- Helped reduce grazing pressures on multiple wilderness areas.
- Led grassroots campaign to establish Oregon Badlands Wilderness and Spring Basin Wilderness Areas.
For full details about ONDA and their accomplishments please visit: https://onda.org/
Do you know a wildlifer that deserves special recognition? Give it at ORTWS Annual meeting! Each year at our annual meeting, ORTWS presents two awards to recognize professional achievement and two awards to recognize civic achievement. These awards are:
- David B. Marshall Award
- Outstanding Service Award
- Private Landowner Stewardship Award
- Conservation Award
The deadline for nominations is December 18, 2015. See detailed description of awards and nomination forms can be found at https://ortws.wordpress.com/