Category Archives: Board Meetings
Stephen Kafoury is the 2018 recipient of our David B. Marshall Award. This award recognizes an individual for outstanding contributions and accomplishments in the wildlife field that have resulted in significant contributions in the conservation and increased long-term security of wildlife populations, wildlife habitats, and natural resource values within the State of Oregon. Thank you, Stephen!
- Served as ORTWS’ Legislative Liaison for 20 years.
- Worked with ORTWS’ Legislative Affairs and Conservation Affairs Committees to help improve the conservation and sustainability of Oregon’s native fish and wildlife.
- Helped track over 200 legislative bills.
- Set up meetings with legislators and conservation groups.
- Provided 33 written and 21 oral statements resulting in favorable outcomes such as:
- Maintaining wetland protections
- Maintaining state T&E species management authority
- Creating non-game check off fund
- Improving aquatic invasives control
- Improving land use planning
- Defeating efforts to remove wolves from state T&E list
- Working on PhD on Western Snowy Plover. Modeling snowy plover demography and survival from more than 20 years of collected data.
- Serving as lead Plover Biologist under Oregon biodiversity information center.
- Coordinates all snowy plover monitoring for the entire state of Oregon.
- Published numerous peer-reviewed documents.
- Involved in many working groups throughout Oregon.
Umpqua Community College in Roseburg, Ore., is seeking a full-timber forestry instructor for their forestry program. This position is primarily responsible for teaching forestry and natural resources courses for both college transfer and professional technical courses. Requires a Master’s degree in Forestry, or closely related field required with a forestry emphasis from a regionally accredited college or university. For more information, visit: https://www.umpqua.edu/human-resources
Please click on the link to view the latest board meeting minutes.