Category Archives: Events
As you may know, the Washington and Oregon Chapters of The Wildlife Society, NE Partners in Amphibian and Reptile Conservation, and the Society for NW Vertebrate Biology are presenting a Joint Meeting in PDX, February 13-16 at the Red Lion at Jantzen Beach. The theme of the meeting is Regional Strategies Addressing Global Challenges.
We have received an extraordinary number of contributed papers and posters. Specifically, on Wed the 14th, Tom Lovejoy will be the keynote speaker followed by a robust group of theme-focused invited sessions.
Given the timely importance of the meeting theme, the Joint Meeting Committee thought it would be worthwhile to reach out beyond our traditional biologist/wildlife manager audience, to other environmental/conservation-related groups and stakeholders that might find this program of interest.
Please pass this on to others who may be interested!
Lots going on with ORTWS!
Please view the November board meeting minutes here!
We invite abstracts for presentations and posters. All topics in wildlife biology, habitat management, conservation, and application of research findings to conservation and management practices are welcome. Some topics that are especially applicable to this year’s theme include climate change and policy, human-induced movement of species, forestry prescriptions including thinning and prescribed burning, pathogens and invasive species, shifting ranges of species, and communicating the conservation message.
*** Abstract Deadline: December 1st, 2017 ***
We strongly encourage all students to present Posters or Oral talks.
early bird, student, and society member registration options
More Meeting Details: click here
You can read all about the latest ORTWS board meeting here!
We are excited to announce that REGISTRATION IS OPEN for the 2018 Joint Annual Meeting at the Red Lion – Jantzen Beach in Portland, Oregon on February 13, 14, 15, and 16.
Regional Strategies Addressing Global Challenges for Wildlife and Habitat Conservation
Oregon Chapter of the Wildlife Society, Washington Chapter of the Wildlife Society, Society for Northwestern Vertebrate Biology, and Northwest Partners in Amphibian and Reptile Conservation
- Please visit our 2018 Joint Annual Meeting page to register and stay up to date with all that is happening at the meeting!
- Plenary Speaker THOMAS LOVEJOY!
- Detailed session and presentation schedule coming in December.
Workshops, Training Courses & Field Trips
- Training Course: Standard & Novel Amphibian Inventory & Monitoring Techniques
- Field Trip: Amphibian Egg Mass Monitoring
- Workshop: White-nose Syndrome / Pd Surveillance Best Practices Workshop
- Workshop: Science Talk NW – Communication skills for wildlife professionals
- Workshop: Data Wrangling – The basics of data analysis
- Field Trip: Oregon Zoo Conservation Tour
- Workshop: Native Bee Workshop
Photo Contest and Auction
Help raise funds for the different organizations by entering our photo contest or donating items for the auction/raffle. Enter photos for the following categories: Birds, Mammals, Reptiles/amphibians, Other critters, Landscapes, Everything else. Visit the Joint Annual Meeting page for full details.
Special Rates are available at the following hotels:
- RED LION HOTEL ON THE SHORE JANTZEN BEACH– $139/night
- Rodeway Inn Portland Jantzen Beach – $89/night
You will need to state you are part of the “2018 Joint Meeting” to reserve rooms for the special rates.