FINAL CALL for ORTWS Grant Applications!!
Oregon Chapter of The Wildlife Society
2016 Request for Proposals
The Oregon Chapter of the Wildlife Society (ORTWS) awards small grants in support of wildlife outreach and education in the Pacific Northwest. Funding is competitive and awards typically range from $200-$1000 (US dollars). As of October 2016, grants will be awarded based on an RFP released in fall rather than throughout the year.
Proposals are evaluated for their consistency with ORTWS mission and goals and impact on outreach and education related to wildlife; demonstration of a clear link to Oregon or the Pacific Northwest is preferred. Proposals will be reviewed by the ORTWS grants committee and proposals selected by that committee will be subject to approval by the ORTWS board. Proposals will be judged on the following criteria:
· Appropriate audience for the work (e.g., members of the public, students)
· Ability to successfully accomplish the project
· Appropriateness of budget
· Appropriate link to Oregon or the Pacific Northwest (preferred but not required)
*ORTWS mission and goals are available at https://ortws.wordpress.com/grants-awards-scholarships/grants/
Examples of Previously Funded Projects
· Funding for student chapters for educational trips related to wildlife management and conservation
· Support for a research conference organized by graduate students
· Support for special symposia or other activities related to the TWS national meeting
· Outreach workshops and activities to schoolchildren
Proposal Format (https://ortws.wordpress.com/grants-awards-scholarships/grants/)
Proposals should be no more than two typed, single-spaced pages, 11-point font minimum, and should contain the following sections.
- Applicant’s Name, Address, Phone Number, E-mail Address, Affiliation
- Scope and Objectives – Provide a description of project background and objectives. Specifically explain how the project relates to the Chapter’s mission and goals.
- Project Implementation – Provide a brief summary of how project objectives will be accomplished.
- Expected Outcomes – Provide a description of anticipated products or outcomes of the project.
- Budget and Timelines – Provide an itemized budget, showing cost-sharing (if applicable), and time schedule for the project. Funds may not be used for purchasing equipment or for paying salaries. Requests for mileage and per diem will not exceed Federal Government rates at the time of application.
- Disbursement of Funds – The recipient will receive a check for the requested amount when they are notified of project approval.
The completed application must be submitted via email to email@example.com no later than 5:00pm (PST) November 30, 2016. Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will NOT be eligible for consideration.
Applicants will be notified of funding decisions shortly before the next annual meeting (February 2017). Funds must be deposited within two months of receipt. All funded projects must be completed by the end of the calendar year in which the funding is granted.
A final brief written report (with photos) must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org no more than 30 days after completion of the project. The report should specify when, where, how, and by whom funds were used, with a clear description of the outcomes of the event (numbers of people involved, etc.). High quality versions of photographs must be available on request by ORTWS for publishing on ORTWS website or social media.