Workshop: Forestry 101
WORKSHOP CANCELED 4/20/2015
Forestry & Silviculture for Biologists in the Northwest
This workshop is an introduction (or refresher) to biologists working on forestry issues, but not trained in forestry. This workshop will define forestry terms and concepts so attendees understand forestry discussions and can estimate parameters of interest in the office or in the field. This should help participants visualize forest conditions from written descriptions and to provide comments on forest-management proposals.
- Common Terms and Definitions
- Principles of Tree Growth
- Forest Classification and Site Quality
- Characteristics of Tree Species
- Stand Development and Competition
- Stocking and Stand Density
- Basic Measurements of Trees and Stands
- Common Considerations in Management and Harvest
To register, join our Annual Meeting!